Monday, March 1, 2010

March First! - As the crow flies!

It seems to me that it is important, and imperitive that I begin each first day of the month with a blog, no matter how trivial or momentous it may be. So here goes!
-
The month of March, the third month of the year, got it's name from Mars, the Roman god of war. How discusting! Honoring a pagan god, and dishonoring Jehovah who gave us time, months, seasons, and years! This is another evidence of who really is the ruler of this wicked world.
-
This only encourages me even more to be zealous in proclaiming His name. Having a share in the sanctification of Jehovah's name and upholding his sovereignty is a grand privilege, a bright light in this very dark world.
-
March weather wise, brings breezes loud and shrill. Stirs the dancing daffodil. In like a lion out like a lamb, or in like a lamb out like a lion. March will be grand!
-
By the way, do you remember "The Months" by Sara Coleridge? A framed picture in Borders book store, that was hung in the bathroom that I wanted to get and they would not let me have it even after I offered to give them money? Well, it's no longer there!!! It's gone!
I wonder where it is. I am forever grateful for Sandy's help (my partner in crime), in getting a picture of it and printing me a copy. I have it framed, and the bold lettering in the above paragraph is the poem Sara Coleridge wrote for the month of March. Thanks Sandy, I love that picture!
-
This first day of March was a good day in service. Being with my husband Russell was a treat. It was a beautiful day, and we met some nice people which was the icing on the cake.
-
I shall end this blog with an interesting poem by Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862). Journal, 23 August 1853:
-
"Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit and resign yourself to the influences of each.
Some men think that they are not well in spring, or summer, or autumn, or winter; It is only because they are not well in them".
-
Enjoy each day, month, and season for what it is. Life is short!
-
This is Raven-As the crow flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment